New Issue Reporting Issue Number Incrementing by 10

General discussion of Mantis.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

wdolson

New Issue Reporting Issue Number Incrementing by 10

Post by wdolson »

We had a problem with our old Mantis installation and had to move severs. I upgraded us to 2.16.0 while I was at it. It sat there for a while unused while my manager talked about moving it back to the old server, but we ended up putting this installation into service yesterday.

When I added the first few issues I found that the issue numbers are now incrementing by 10 with each new issue instead of 1. Is there a setting for this anywhere? I can't imagine why anyone would want to increment by 10.
cas

Re: New Issue Reporting Issue Number Incrementing by 10

Post by cas »

Perhaps there is a setting defined on the database like "SET @@auto_increment_increment=10;" :mrgreen:
wdolson

Post by wdolson »

I've combed through the database and didn't find any field that could be that. I think it's in a php field somewhere. We didn't make any changes to the database except upgrade it to the new version, but we did jump from a 1.x to 2.16, which is a fairly major upgrade.
cas

Post by cas »

best way to verify is the following steps:
Create test database
Create test table which has one auto incrementa field
Add a record, check that field
Add another record, check the field again

In case there is a DB setting, the field has increased with "10", if not something else is happening....
wdolson

Post by wdolson »

I contacted my web host provider. They set their database server to increment ids by 10 and they aren't going to change it. Is there any way to override the use of the auto index done by the database server?
cas

Post by cas »

Strange response from your provider, actually bullshit since that can be set set on table level :mrgreen:
Here is the command to change it via for example phpmyadmin:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/970 ... ing-number