Intelligent task scheduling/calendar?

General discussion of Mantis.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

taylan

Intelligent task scheduling/calendar?

Post by taylan »

Hi all, I'm looking for an issue tracking / PM software that would ideally meet the following requirements:

- Define how many hours per day and which days of the week certain people work.
- Drag & drop an issue from the pool of issues into a person's calendar to assign it to them.
- If you drop the issue in between others, it automatically pushes away / shifts / delays the issues that come after that point.
- You can change the estimated time needed for an issue and this automatically pushes away / shifts / delays the issues that come after.

Do you think Mantis is the right choice, like with a certain set of plugins or so that would make these things possible? Thanks in advance!
cas

Re: Intelligent task scheduling/calendar?

Post by cas »

I do not believe Mantis can handle all these requests, perhaps you are better of with Projeqtor :roll:
violab

Re: Intelligent task scheduling/calendar?

Post by violab »

This sounds like a combination of Slack for the communications features, and Mantis for the project management / issue management features.

You may want to check out Monday(dot)com. I haven't used this product myself, but it interests me and I've wanted to try it. It might fit some of your use cases.