Certain fields in Task Details are displayed in English

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

riccardo

Certain fields in Task Details are displayed in English

Post by riccardo »

Hello

I'd like to ask for support regarding an issue I'm experiencing since today.

MantisBT Version is 2.23.0
PHP Version 7.2.24

Since this Morning, certain field-values in the "Issue Details" Form are displayed in English, while all other fields are displayd in German. Yesterday this was not the case, all fields were "correctly" shown in German. The fields are now labeled in German, but the values are shown in English

This applies only to the "Issue Details" form:
issue details with english values.png
issue details with english values.png (31.75 KiB) Viewed 2245 times

In task overview the values are shown in german, also the enum's (dropdown) shows german values. Also creating a new issue or modify an issue shows the german values, only the "show issue Details" form displays the englis values.
modify issue and all other places with german values.png
modify issue and all other places with german values.png (38.71 KiB) Viewed 2245 times

What i did today:

- i modified config_inc.php and bug_view_inc.php by adding the "Attached Files"-Section as described here: https://mantisbt.org/bugs/view.php?id=22323
However, i reverted to original config_inc.php and bug_view_inc.php after that and that did not help, so i'm assumig this was not related.

- i installed a theme-plugin and uninstalled it shortly after

i'm feeling that the problem showed up after installing and uninstalling the theme

So my question would be: why are the displayed values in English and how can i get back German?

Thank you for your help!
riccardo
atrol
Site Admin

Re: Certain fields in Task Details are displayed in English

Post by atrol »

This is a known bug.
To fix it, you could update to any version >= 2.23.1 or use one of the workarounds described in the bug report https://www.mantisbt.org/bugs/view.php?id=26470
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
riccardo

Re: Certain fields in Task Details are displayed in English

Post by riccardo »

Oh wow, thank you so much for your astounding fast reply.

Applied the workaround $g_fallback_language = 'german'; in config_inc.php following your instructions and it worked great!

Again thank you so much!