Mantisbt Email notification will not work in Microsoft exchange Modern authentication

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

rajesh.n

Mantisbt Email notification will not work in Microsoft exchange Modern authentication

Post by rajesh.n »

We are using Mantisbt from last 10 years and still it continuing with email notification enabled (Using Microsoft office 365 exchange mail account).

Current Mantisbt version is : 2.25.2
Email notification is with Microsoft office 365 account

As you know Microsoft is retiring Basic Authentication on October 1, 2022 from exchange online and our mail notification will work only in Modern authentication.

Currently the mail notification is working fine with Microsoft Basic Authentication but it's not working while i am trying the configuration with Modern authentication enabled mail account

Do we have any mitigation plan for keeping Microsoft exchange online for in mantisbt email notification with Modern authentication after retiring Basic Authentication .

Can anyone help me with your input on this topic
Last edited by rajesh.n on 02 Mar 2022, 07:33, edited 1 time in total.
mushu

Re: Mantisbt Email notification will work in Microsoft exchange Modern authentication

Post by mushu »

The email plugin will need to add OAuth capability but devs indicated they will not be doing so. I have been searching for an easy way to plug in php code to do this but have little time in between jobs. It will need to be added by the original devs when they finally get upgraded and find they can no longer use their own software it appears.

Also, you need to change your title to add "not" in between "will work".
rajesh.n

Re: Mantisbt Email notification will not work in Microsoft exchange Modern authentication

Post by rajesh.n »

Hi All ,

After a long, here i am with the solution.
Still Modern authentication is not working with Mantis service, But as a part of alternative option, we tried with SMTP relay setup.

So now the authentication things are handled by relay server .
Create a relay server for your domain in M 365 then configure smtp relay address in the printer with authentication off.

Configured SMTP server and giving only host name in mantis configuration now. No user name and Password.

Simply it working fine :D
cas

Re: Mantisbt Email notification will not work in Microsoft exchange Modern authentication

Post by cas »

please provide printscreens of your setup so it can be reviewed :mrgreen:
mushu

Post by mushu »

We are not able to turn off security on any O365 accounts. I have been trying to see what needs to be changed in the code for EmailReporting plugin but it does not seem to be easy to pipe a text file of the email message to that plugin. Trying to "fake" it out so it thinks it is getting a POP3 stream, but it seems the code is too granular to do this easily. We've sadly run out of time and will need to change over to another ticketing system. SO SAD!
rajesh.n

Post by rajesh.n »

cas wrote: 23 Jun 2022, 13:44 please provide printscreens of your setup so it can be reviewed :mrgreen:

Here is our configuration with smtp server .

$g_administrator_email = "mail@address.com";
$g_webmaster_email = "mail@address.com";
$g_from_email = "mail@address.com";
$g_return_path_email = "mail@address.com";
$g_phpMailer_method = 2;
$g_smtp_host = 'smtp_server_address';
$g_smtp_port = 25;
$g_allow_file_upload = ON;
$g_email_send_using_cronjob = ON;