Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

mushu

How to keep my_view sections closed?

Post by mushu »

Mantis 2.25.2
Windows Server 2019
---
The previous versions of Mantis seemed to always keep the My View sections closed when closed and open when opened, such as Unassigned, Resolved, Monitored By Me, but lately I've noticed they never stay closed and I wonder what I did to break that?

How is that stored, is it done by browser cookies? So If I disable 3rd-party cookies will that stop working? I guess I need to know the method used to keep those frames "sticky" so i can figure out what I changed on my computer to break it.
TIA!
cas

Re: How to keep my_view sections closed?

Post by cas »

Check out function is_collapsed() and collapse_cache_token() which both you will find in collapse_api.php :mrgreen:
mushu

Post by mushu »

So this appears to be a cookie problem then. That section of code stores any changes to the visibility of those accordion sections in a cookie. The problem is that they don't seem to be saving properly and I'm not sure how to go about troubleshooting this.

I deleted all cookies from the site and tried it again and it still won't save. I moved to a different browser that I never use, and it dose the same thing there, which makes it feel like a bug in Mantis, so I need to ask if anyone else is unable to have their "my view" open/close panels stay the way they set them when you refresh the webpage? Mine always default back to all panels open and it is annoying.
cas

Post by cas »

it works for me Mushu, running the same version as you 8O
mushu

Post by mushu »

What browser are you using? I Tried in Chrome and Edge, disabled all extensions, and still won't maintain state when the webpage is refreshed.
cas

Post by cas »

I have tested this with Vivaldi en Edge, both working as expected
mushu

Post by mushu »

Just to close this issue it appears it was a Chrome browser issue. After the next browser update it started working again. No idea what had happened but no time to try to figure that out just hoping it doesn't happen again...